Kentec Electronics, a leading manufacturer of life-critical control systems, has launched K-Mesh, a next-generation wireless detection system that uses self-healing and configuring Mesh technology to deliver optimum levels of reliability.
Launched at Intersec 2022, K-Mesh is a new development and new name for Kentec’s Ekho wireless system. Kentec’s sister company, Hochiki Europe will retain the Ekho brand for their Hybrid wireless offering. This will enable Kentec Installation Partners (KIPs) such as SolarFire Systems to promote and sell a system that is bespoke to them, and which has a series of additional product features.
New UNIQUE technology within K-Mesh is SmartGuide, which supports safe and strategic building evacuation by wirelessly utilising sound, light and voice command functionality to provide the utmost clarity in evacuation instructions. The sound/light and voice command functions all exist in a single device that is also a detector!
K-Mesh uses a self-healing dynamic Mesh network, which makes it easy to use, install and commission – and ultimately provides robust assurance that fire incidents are detected and communicated immediately. It is available as part of a complete fire detection system with Kentec-manufactured panels to provide optimum performance.
A wireless translator module, which sits at the centre of the K-Mesh system, is hard-wired to the fire alarm control panel loop and communicates continuously with the wireless devices. Sensors are supplied in three variants: optical; thermal; and multi-criteria, with the optical and multi-criteria sensors featuring adaptive signal processing and double dust traps to prevent false alarms. Thermal detectors can respond to a fixed temperature threshold or detect a rate of rise in temperature. Wireless sounders, call points and testing kits are also available within the range.
K-Mesh has a seven-to-ten-year battery life, which is approximately twice that of the industry standard. The technology is also fully-expandable, and configurable from anything from two to 2,000 devices so even the largest, most disparate and complex sites can now be protected wirelessly. Further capabilities include a communication range of up to 1,200 metres and immunity to hacking
Kevin Swann, Managing Director of Kentec Electronics, says wireless fire detection is the future of detector technology: “It is fast to install and less invasive to a building’s structure, and by utilising the most advanced Mesh technology previous concerns over reliability are a thing of the past,” he says
In addition to LPCB and EN-54 approval, K-Mesh has the radio equipment directive (RED) approval, which sets essential requirements for safety and health, electromagnetic compatibility, and the efficient use of the radio spectrum.
Benefits of a Wireless Fire Alarm System
- As reliable as a wired system and tested to British and European standards
- Quick to install and can be fitted with minimum disruption to your business
- No need to shut down areas of the building or be open out of hours for the installation to take place
- No ugly red cables or damage to your walls
- Can be easily installed in buildings where there is limited access e.g. due to high ceilings
- Layout is easily modified if something in your building changes e.g. you extend
- Will save you money on labour, making good, and decorating costs
- Will still work even if the power goes out as they are battery operated and have a battery back up system
- Can be used as a temporary system in locations where a wired one can’t be installed e.g. building sites
- Can be used to extend existing wired systems
Why Choose us for your wireless fire alarm system?
- Speedy response from your initial enquiry
- Highly qualified and friendly engineers on hand to answer any questions or queries you may have
- Quick and easy installation resulting in the tightest deadlines being achieved
About SolarFire Systems
We provide excellent customer service, our expertise, and our reliability are second to none.
For immediate assistance email [email protected] or give us a call at 01628 902107.