Since pioneering Aspirating Smoke Detection (ASD) technology nearly 30 years ago, VESDA has been recognised as the best in the world, protecting personnel, irreplaceable assets and mission critical and data centre infrastructure in the world’s most iconic locations.
VESDA-E is the next-generation of VESDA, featuring multiple innovative capabilities that dramatically improve the VESDA experience:
- VESDA Smoke+, offers increased sensitivity – up to 15 times greater than VESDA VLP, improved dust rejection, double the longevity while maintaining sensitivity over its lifetime, up to 8% less power consumption per unit area.
- VESDA Flex, future proof expandability and programming for maximum flexibility using, StaX Hardware expansion modules that easily bolt onto the VESDA-E detector to add additional capabilities, and Xtralis Software Analytics applications (Xapps) that can be purchased, downloaded, configured & managed remotely over the internet.
- VESDA Analytics, allows for additional unique capabilities that enable the system to provide targeted detection and response, Analytics currently available includes DieselTraceTM, WireTraceTM and DustTraceTM.
- VESDA Verify, provides situational awareness to improve response time, efficiency and effectiveness by providing up to 120 pinpoint addressability and seamless integration with ADPRO SmokeTraceTM.
- VESDA Connect, allows for flexible networking and programming options that reduce maintenance and monitoring costs by up to 50% through extensive connectivity options and remote diagnostics tools including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB, VESDAnet & Relays.
- VESDA TCO, reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through Capex value, Opex savings, Plug’n’Play installation, design-less pipe networks, vast monitoring
options and backwards compatibility. With VESDA-E you can reduce TCO by up to 15%!
How it works
Air is continually drawn from the protected area through the air sampling pipe network and into the detector by a high efficiency aspirator. The air sampling pipe network can contain up to four pipes. The air from each sampling pipe passes through an airflow sensor and then a sample of the air is drawn into the smoke detection chamber via the sampling module, after first passing through the filter.
An additional filter provides clean air to protect the optical surfaces inside the detection chamber from contamination.
The FlairTM detection chamber uses the equivalent of 330,000 sensors and sophisticated algorithms for smoke detection and particle classification. If the detected smoke is higher than the set alarm thresholds it is reported as an Alert, Action, Fire1 or Fire2 alarm condition. Air is exhausted from the detector and may be vented back into the protected zone.
Alarms can be signaled via Relays and VESDAnet. Ethernet and WiFi can be used for configuration and secondary monitoring, and a USB interface is provided for initial setup. A series of LEDs display Alarm, Trouble, Disable and detector power on status. A button allows the user to Reset or Disable the detector. In addition, an optional 3.5” LCD displays shows the detector status, including smoke level and a smoke level bar graph, alarm thresholds, trouble status, % airflow level, normalisation status and filter life used.
Applications for VESDA HSSD Systems
- Data Centres
- Comms Rooms
- Battery Rooms
- Energy Storage Systems
- Off Grid Energy Storage
- UPS Rooms
- Correctional Facilities
- Clean Rooms
- Cold Storage
- Data & Telecom
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Nuclear Facilities
- Oil & Gas
- Portable Switch Rooms
- Power Generation
- Records Storage
- Wind Power Generation
Why Choose us?
- Speedy response from your initial enquiry
- Highly qualified and friendly engineers on hand to answer any questions or queries you may have
- Quick and easy installation resulting in the tightest deadlines being achieved
About SolarFire Systems
We are known for our excellent customer service, our expertise, and our reliability.
For more information on how we can help your business email [email protected] or give us a call at 01628 902107.